Founded in 1999, the Washington Brewers Guild has a proud history of getting things done for Washington brewers in Olympia and Washington DC. We are committed to opening up new sales and marketing opportunities for brewers, while maintaining small brewers’ ability to access the marketplace.
Our work in Olympia and DC helps support our rapidly growing industry, provides peace of mind for WA brewers and ensures choice for beer drinkers.
Among our key successes, the Washington Brewers Guild was instrumental in defeating a recent attempt to increase excise taxes on small brewers by 200 percent and created the Washington Beer Commission, a one-of-its-kind state agency dedicated to promoting Washington Beer.
Additionally, the Washington Brewers Guild has successfully advocated for and secured legislation allowing:
- Sales of cider, wine and beer produced by other domestic breweries in microbrewery tasting rooms
- Growler sales in restaurants, grocery stores and beer & wine specialty shops
- Restaurants to sell Kegs to Go
- Beer producers to advertise and pour their beer at beer tasting and judging events
- Sales and tasting at Farmers Markets
- Beer sampling at grocery stores
- Off-premise private tasting and sales events
For more information on current Washington Brewers Guild legislative and regulatory activity, visit our members only section.